How to Add a Patient Fee Schedule in EagleSoft
Patient fee schedules are used when a patient does not have insurance and the practice wants to charge them a different fee than the master fee, often referred to as in-house savings plan for cash patients.
Keep in mind
- 1. Fee Schedules attached to the patient override all other fee schedules/fees.
- 2. Fee Schedules attached to the employer override the Master Standard fees.
- 3. Fees that are not included in a fee schedule will be charged the rate from the Master Standard fee.
To Create a New Fee Schedule:
From the Eaglesoft Practice Management screen, go to Lists | Fee Schedule List | New
Choose Automatically Setting Up All Service Codes | click OK
NOTE: Using the option–Multiply Standard Fees By: Will multiply the current standard fees in the office by whatever percentage you choose ; so you don’t have to go through and manually update each code fee. Use the savings percentage that will apply to majority of your codes.
Enter a Fee Schedule Name: “Dental Savings Plan”
Make changes to individual service codes in the Allowable Fee section for all INCLUDED BENEFITS and other codes that differ from the multiplier %.
NOTE: The allowable fee is the current amount your savings plan patients will be charged.
Delete any codes that are not included in your savings plan.
Select the service code and click the Delete button
Click Yes to the are you sure message
Click OK to save the new fee schedule.
How to Attach a Patient Fee Schedule in ES:
Open the Edit Patient Window and click the Preferences button
Click the drop down next to Fee Schedule and choose the fee schedule
Click the X to take you back to the edit patient screen and click OK to close and save changes.
How to Add a Patient Alert in ES:
1. Go to Lists | General Setup | Patient Alerts.
2. Click on New and key in the Description.
IMPORTANT! If you want the alert to automatically appear, check the box to ‘Warn User When Encountered’. (If not checked, the alert will not pop up).
3. You also have the options to setup Indicators that will show either on the Patient Appointment screen or on the Clinical virtual screen.
4. If you do not wish to set up the Indicators, keep those checkboxes unchecked and click OK. Your Alert has been created. Continue below for instructions on Indicator Setup.
Please Note: Checking the box in the Patient’s Medical History automatically adds these alerts to the patient IF the “Create Alerts Based on Medical History” preference is checked. This does not work the other way, however…adding Alerts to a Patient does not automatically update the information on the medical history.
Set up an insurance company in Dentrix (automatically adds savings)
Dentrix Office Manager
- 1. Maintenance- reference-employer maintenance- new-“Dental Savings Plan”
- 2. Maintenance- reference- insurance maintenance- new- Carrier Name- “Dental Savings Plan”- Group Plan- “Dental Savings Plan”- Employer “Dental Savings Plan”- Street Address “practice address” – Phone “practice #” Benefit renewal “None”- Claim Format “OX2012” same claim format? – Fee Schedule “None” – Codes: ADA
- 3. Maintenance – reference- insurance maintenance- coverage table- add 100% for included and % on other codes.
- 1. Select Patient
- 2. Insurance Information
- 3. Dental Savings Plan
- 4. Patient Alert- Check all – Note: “Dental Savings Plan Member (Date of Sign up)”
Patient Walk Out
- 1. Estimated insurance amount – adjustment amount
- 2. Patient Pays the total owed by patient